kayak Glow Worm Tours
Waikato Kayak Glowworm Tour
December - February start and finish times approx. 6/6.30pm to 9.30/10.30pmMarch/April start and finish times approx. 4/5pm to 8/9pm
PRICE: $125 pp. PRIVATE TOUR: $175 pp. Minimum 4 people (please contact us if less than 4 people - surcharge will apply)
Paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro, over the old submerged Horahora Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields. Learn the history of the Horahora village and enjoy the twilight & silence of being on the water as the day draws to an end.
- To ensure space is available for your Waikato Kayak Glowworm tour - bookings are essential
- Minimum numbers apply
- Minimum age is 8 years
- All children under 15 to be accompanied by a capable adult
- Double kayaks are used on tours (if your group is an odd number, you may be required to share with a person from another group)
NOTE: Lake District Adventures has a zero alcohol & smoking policy on Glowworm tours.
NEED TO KNOW!
Evening temperatures drop as we drift back downstream... so please remember:
- Bring warm layers of clothing - preferably not cotton
- NO JEANS - they get very cold when wet
- We provide overpants, splash jackets & wetshoes
- We have a changing area & secure storage
- Cameras are okay for going upstream while it's still light - they are no good after dark as the flash will spoil the viewing of the Glow Worms for yourself and others on the tour.