Our Environmental Policy
Lake District Adventures Ltd aims to be an environmentally friendly company and to leave very little or no footprints:
- All cans, bottles, plastics to be recycled.
- All other waste to be composted if practical.
- Lights to be eco friendly and / or solar.
- As more power is needed in the office / sheds to explore changing to full solar or other renewable energy sources.
- All dead batteries to be placed in a separate container to be deposited at Putaruru Landfill battery dump.
- All cleaning products to be organic & biodegradable.
- All toilet products to be septic-tank friendly.
- Guides and staff are to collect any rubbish from the lake or trails whiles out on tours or transporting customers.
If you think we could be doing something better, please let us know! We are always looking for ways to improve and become as eco-friendly as possible. We believe it's our responsibility to look after and help sustain and improve the area we work, live and play in for our future generations.