GLOW WORM TOURS
Just 15 mins from Cambridge, 40mins from Rotorua, 45 mins from Tauranga - starting late afternoon / early evening at Lake District Adventures base on Horahora Rd, paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro & over the old submerged Horahora Village & the Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields.
Learn the history of the village and enjoy the twilight & silence of being on the water as night arrives over the lake.
As the day draws to an end, paddle slowly up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years.
Ferns & trees drape over you. Bird life is all around. If you look up - make sure you keep your mouth closed!
When darkness falls, float silently back downstream, being guided by the glow worms on either side sparkling like Christmas lights.
- To ensure space is available - Bookings are essential
- Min numbers apply.
- Min age is generally 8yrs - contact company.
- All children under 15 to be accompanied by a capable adult.
- Check out the cycle / glow worm combo..
PRICE: $99.00 pp . Group discounts available.
NEED TO KNOW!
Evening temperatures drop as we drift back downstream....
- Bring warm layer clothing - preferably not cotton.
- NO JEANS...
- We have overpants, splash jackets & wetshoes.
- We have a changing area & storage.
- Cameras for going upstream whilst still light - no good after dark as the flash will spoil the viewing for all others on the tour.