GLOW WORM TOURS
Just 15 minutes from Cambridge, 45 minutes from Rotorua, 45 mins from Tauranga - starting late afternoon / early evening at Lake District Adventures base in the South Waikato, paddle along the southern edge of Lake Karapiro & over the old submerged Horahora Village & the Dam that produced electricity for the early Waihi goldfields.
Learn the history of the Horahora village and enjoy the twilight & silence of being on the water as night arrives over the lake.
As the day draws to an end, paddle slowly up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years.
Native ferns & trees drape over you. Bird life is all around through out the canyon.
When darkness falls, float silently back downstream, being guided by the glow worms on either side sparkling like Christmas lights.
- To ensure space is available - Bookings are essential
- Minimum numbers apply.
- Minimum age is 8 years.
- All children under 15 to be accompanied by a capable adult.
PRICE: $99.00 pp . Group discounts available for 8 plus people.
NB: Lake District Adventures Ltd have a zero alcohol & smoking policy on Glow Worm trips.
NEED TO KNOW!
Evening temperatures drop as we drift back downstream....
- Bring warm layer clothing - preferably not cotton.
- NO JEANS...
- We have overpants, splash jackets & wetshoes.
- We have a changing area & storage.
- Cameras are okay for going upstream while it's still light - they are no good after dark as the flash will spoil the viewing of the Glow Worms for yourself and others on the tour.